Digester Equipment Market: Introduction
- Digester equipment, also called biodigester or biogas reactor, is utilized in the production process of biogas. The equipment is usually made of stainless steel. The size and design of the equipment varies according to the volume of feedstock and the amount of energy to be generated. A typical household digester equipment can have a volume of less than 1 cubic meter, while industrial-grade equipment can exceed 5,000 cubic meters. The working of digester equipment includes feedstock loading, biomass fermentation, energy generation, and removal of leftover substrate.
Key Drivers of the Global Digester Equipment Market
- Increase in number of wastewater treatment plants is driving the demand for digester equipment across different regions. Anaerobic digestion is carried out in the digester equipment to remove harmful contaminants and chemicals from industrial and household wastewater.
- Small-scale biogas production units are increasingly being installed at residential apartments, restaurants, and municipal areas. For instance, in China more than 40 million households have installed an anaerobic digester equipment to cater to the energy demand for cooking, lighting, and heating.
Increasing Demand for Biofuel Offers Significant Opportunities
- Biofuel has emerged as an environment-friendly and sustainable source in the last few years. Numerous government and independent research institutes are investing in biogas plants to generate high-volume biodiesel, bioethanol, and biobutanol for commercial application. According to IEA (International Energy Agency), global biofuel production stood at 154 billion liters in 2018. It is expected to increase by 25% by the end of 2024.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Batch Digesters Segment held Large Market Share
- Several large-scale biogas programs utilize batch digesters for large volume production of biogas. Batch type digester equipment are loaded with feedstock at one time, fermenting for a fixed time period, and the slurry is discharged after the end of the actual biogas production period. Increase in importance of on-farm biogas production is estimated to boost the demand for batch digesters during the forecast period.
Europe holds Prominent Share of the Global Digester Equipment Market
- Based on geography, the global digester equipment market can be classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the digester equipment market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast for the digester equipment market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America digester equipment market is categorized into Brazil and Rest of South America.